SSC has released the notification for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ (Group ‘B’, Non-Gazetted) and Stenographer Grade ‘D’ (Group ‘C’) for various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations in the Government of India. Eligible candidates can apply online before October 18, 2019. Every applicant who is going to appear for the exam must have knowledge about Exam Pattern and Syllabus. Check SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern 2019 with latest exam syllabus on this page. There will be 03 stages of exam i.e. CBT, Skill test in stenography and Document verification (DV).
Check: SSC Stenographer Exam Notification 2019Apply Online Before – 18th October 2019
|Name of Subjects||No. of Questions and Maximum Marks||Duration|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||50 Questions and 50 Marks||2 Hours (2 hours and 40 minutes for the candidates who are allowed the use of scribe)|
|General Awareness||50 Questions and 50 Marks|
|English Language and English Comprehension||100 Questions and 100 Marks|
|Total||200 Questions and 200 Marks|
Skill Test in Stenography
|Post||Language of Skill Test||Time Duration (Time Duration for the candidates who are allowed the use of scribe)|
|Stenographer Grade D||English||50 minutes (70 minutes)|
|Stenographer Grade D||Hindi||65 minutes (90 minutes)|
|Stenographer Grade C||English||40 minutes (55 minutes)|
|Stenographer Grade C||Hindi||55 minutes (75 minutes)|
- The question paper (CBT) will be of Objective Type Multiple Choice only.
- Candidates who obtain qualifying marks in CBT will be called for skill test.
- Candidates are advised to keep in mind that there will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in CBT.
- The Skill Test will be of qualifying nature and the Commission will fix the qualifying standards in the Skill Test for different categories of candidates.
- The final selection for the post of Stenographer Grade C and Grade D will be made on the basis of marks scored by the candidates in the computer-based examination.
All the candidates qualified for document verification are required to appear for document verification along with photocopies and original documents. Final selection and allocation of Ministries/ Departments will be made on the basis of the performance of candidates in the Computer Based Examination and the preference of Posts/ Departments exercised by them at the time of Document Verification.
We wish you all the best for your exam!