The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the notification of NDA & NA (I) Exam 2019 and candidates can apply online before January 28, 2020. Every applicant who is going to appear for the exam must have knowledge about UPSC NDA Exam Pattern and Syllabus. Check UPSC NDA Exam Pattern 2020 with latest exam syllabus on this page. The UPSC NDA & NA Competitive Exam comprises of two stages – Written Examination and SSB Interview.
Check: UPSC NDA & NA (I) Exam Notification 2020Apply Online Before – 28 January 2020
Stage-I: Written Examination
|General Ability Test||600|
It is true that knowing about the pattern will help a candidate to prepare for the exam in a better way. In order to crack the NDA exam, you must get acquainted with the syllabus and exam pattern. So, get detailed knowledge about the UPSC NDA Exam Pattern and plan your strategy accordingly.
- There will be negative marking of 0.33 marks for each wrong answer marked by a candidate in the objective type question papers.
- The maximum marks allotted to the written exam and to the interviews will be equal.
- The papers in all the subjects will consist of objective type questions only.
- The question papers of Mathematics and General Ability Test will be set bilingually in Hindi as well as English.
- In the question papers, wherever necessary, questions involving the metric system of Weights and Measures only will be set.
- Candidates must write the papers in their own hand. In no circumstances will they be allowed the help of a scribe to write answers for them.
- The candidates are not permitted to use a calculator or Mathematical or logarithmic table for answering objective type papers.
Stage-II: Intelligence and Personality Test
The SSB procedure consists of a two-stage Selection process – Stage-I and Stage-II. Only those candidates who clear the stage I are permitted to appear for stage II. The details are:-
- Stage I – It comprises of Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests are Picture Perception & Description Test (PP&DT). The candidates will be shortlisted based on the combination of performance in OIR Test and PP&DT.
- Stage-II – It comprises of Interview, Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests and the Conference. These tests are conducted over 4 days.
For the Air Force in addition to the above will have to qualify Computerised Pilot Selection System (CPSS). Candidates with Air Force as one of the choice would also undergo CPSS if they qualify SSB and are willing. Every candidate for the flying branch of Air Force is given computerised pilot selection system (CPSS) (pilot aptitude test) only once. The grades secured by him at the first test will therefore hold good for every subsequent interview he has with the air force selection board. The candidate who fails in the CPSS cannot apply for admission to the NDA Exam for the flying branch of air force wing or general duties (pilot) branch or Naval Air Arm.
Those candidates who qualify stage II will be required to submit the Original Certificates along with one photocopy each of: (i) Original Matriculation pass certificate or equivalent in support of date of birth, (ii) Original 10+2 pass certificate or equivalent in support of educational qualification.