UPSC CDS has released the notification for the posts of Officers and candidates can apply online before July 08, 2019. Every applicant who is going to appear for the exam must have knowledge about UPSC CDS Exam Pattern and Syllabus. Check UPSC CDS Exam Pattern 2019 with latest exam syllabus on this page. The UPSC CDS Competitive Exam comprises of two stages – Written Examination and Interview for intelligence and personality test of such candidates as may be called for interview at one of the Services Selection Centers.
Check: UPSC CDS Officer Post Notification 2019Apply Online Before – 08 July 2019
Stage-I: Written Examination
It is true that knowing about the pattern will help a candidate to prepare for the exam in a better way. In order to crack the CDS exam, you must get acquainted with the syllabus and exam pattern. So, get detailed knowledge about the UPSC CDS Exam Pattern and plan your strategy accordingly.
- There will be negative marking of 0.33 marks for each wrong answer marked by a candidate in the objective type question papers.
- The maximum marks allotted to the written exam and to the interviews will be equal for each course.
- The papers in all the subjects will consist of objective type questions only.
- The question papers of General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics will be set bilingually in Hindi as well as English.
- In the question papers, wherever necessary, questions involving the metric system of Weights and Measures only will be set.
- Candidates must write the papers in their own hand. In no circumstances will they be allowed the help of a scribe to write answers for them.
- The candidates are not permitted to use a calculator for answering objective type papers.
Stage-II: Intelligence and Personality Test
The SSB (Services Selection Board) procedure consists of a two-stage selection process – Stage I and Stage II. Only those candidates who clear the Stage I are permitted to appear for Stage II. The details are:-
- Stage-I – It comprises of Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests are Picture Perception & Description Test (PP&DT). The candidates will be shortlisted based on the combination of performance in the OIR Test and PP&DT.
- Stage-II – It comprises of Interview, Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests and the Conference. These tests are conducted over 4 days.