- NSCL Recruitment 2020 – 220 Assistant and Trainee Vacancies
- NBE Recruitment 2020 – 90 Assistant and Other Vacancies
- UKSSSC Recruitment 2020 – 158 Personal Asst/ Stenographer Vacancies
- SLPRB Assam Recruitment 2020 – 225 Jr. Assistant and Other Vacancies
- SSB Odisha Recruitment 2020 – 161 Jr. Assistant and Stenographer Vacancies
- DME Assam Recruitment 2020 – 79 Grade-III Vacancies
- HPSSC Recruitment 2020 – 943 TGT and Other Vacancies
- SLPRB Assam Recruitment 2020 – 1081 Forester and Various Other Vacancies
- RPCAU Recruitment 2020 – 143 Driver and Other Vacancies
- SLPRB Recruitment 2020 – 204 Jr. Assistant and Stenographer Vacancies
- DDA Recruitment 2020 – 629 Jr. Secretariat Assistant and Other Vacancies
- AIIMS Delhi Recruitment 2020 – 418 Group A, B and C Vacancies
- WCR Recruitment 2020 – 570 Trade Apprentice Vacancies
- DME Assam Recruitment 2020 – 399 Staff Nurse, Driver and Other Vacancies
- HPSSC Recruitment 2020 – 1099 Staff Nurse, Conductor and Other Vacancies
- HSSC Recruitment 2020 – 2978 Junior System Engineer and Other Vacancies
- DSSSB Recruitment 2020 – 297 Technical Assistant and Other Vacancies
- WCR Recruitment 2020 – 1273 Apprentice Vacancies
- DSSSB Recruitment 2020 – 536 Junior Clerk and Other Vacancies
- DMRC Recruitment 2020 – 1493 Executive and Non-Executive Staff Vacancies
- UDHD Bihar Recruitment 2020 – 893 JE and Other Vacancies
- SJVN Limited Recruitment 2019 – 230 Apprentice Vacancies
- Meghalaya PSC Recruitment 2019 – 78 Lecturer and Other Vacancies
- NPCIL Recruitment 2020 – 107 Assistant and Other Posts
- UPPCL Recruitment 2020 – 33 Personnel Officer, Office Assistant and Stenographer Posts
- Chandigarh Administration Recruitment 2020 – 404 Clerk & Steno-Typist Posts
- SSC Stenographer Grade C and D Examination 2019
- RajCRB Recruitment 2020 – 715 Manager and Other Posts
- BRO Recruitment 2020 – 118 LDC, UDC and Other Posts against DD Quota
- CLM Goa Recruitment 2020 – 14 Jr. Stenographer and Other Vacancies
- NFL Recruitment 2019 – 145 Apprentice Posts
- MNNIT Recruitment 2019 – 106 Non-Teaching Posts
- MECL Recruitment 2019 – 168 Non-Executive Posts
- NIT Jalandhar Recruitment 2020 – 93 Non-Faculty Posts
- Nagaland University Recruitment 2020 – 15 Non-Teaching Posts
- ICMR-NIN Recruitment 2020 – 20 Personal Assistant and other Posts
- ALIMCO Recruitment 2020 – 11 Deputy General Manager and Other Vacancies
- TS High Court Recruitment 2020 – 1539 Typist and Other Posts
- NLC Recruitment 2020 – 875 Trade Apprentice Trainee Posts
- MANUU Recruitment 2020 – 10 Assistant and Other Posts
- SECR Recruitment 2019 – 313 Apprentice Posts
- Meghalaya PSC Recruitment 2020 – 302 Stenographer and Other Posts
- NIT Raipur Recruitment 2020 – 77 Non- Faculty Posts
- AIIMS Patna Recruitment 2020 – 23 Stenographer Vacancies
- NYKS Recruitment 2020 – 337 Assistant and Other Posts
- SECL Recruitment 2020 – 5500 Trade Apprentices Trainee Vacancies
- AIIMS Jodhpur Recruitment 2020 – 110 Yoga Instructor, Assistant Engineer and Other Posts
General Overview of Stenographer Govt Jobs – Latest Updates
Also known as Court Reporters, Stenographer licensed and certified professionals record proceedings and events. One must know what is the meaning of Stenography and what is its scope. Stenography allows the court reporters to record proceedings and events much quicker than they would be able to do using a standard keyboard. Their main responsibility is to provide a verbatim (written transcripts) of spoken testimony given during legal proceedings such as hearings, depositions and trials. If we talk about its scope, then Stenographer jobs are highly skilled positions that require extensive training in shorthand, as well as the use of the stenotype machine and related technology.
Stenography means art or any method of writing very quickly. It is the most identifiable methods of recording the spoken using a stenotype machine. Fast and accurate typing skills are vital for this job. They use shorthand and a steno machine to transcribe information. A shorthand system may rely on symbols or it may rely on letters that have specific meanings. We create this page to provide information to our users about the latest updates of Stenographer Govt Jobs. To get recent notifications of job openings in this field, keep checking this page on a daily basis.
Eligibility Criteria for Stenographer Government Jobs – Responsibilities & Skills required for Steno Govt Jobs
Individuals who want to make the career in this field should have completed 10+2, Certificate or Associate’s Degree in court reporting and should have Diploma/ Certificate in the Stenography. There are other certifications like Registered Professional Reporters (RPR) and Certified Court Reporter (CCR) which can also be done to increase the level of job opportunities. Please note, they must learn a type of shorthand, an abbreviated language form that is designed for rapid transcription, to take notes on a steno machine in order to catch each spoken word.
The key skills that are required for this job profile are proficiency in the English language, fast and accurate typing skills, detail-oriented and highly organized, patience of sitting, listening and concentrating, familiarity with courtroom procedure and legal terminologies, good legal and up to date knowledge.
The responsibilities of Stenographer include:-
- To record the words, actions and gestures of court proceedings.
- Converts the stenotype keystrokes into full words on the transcript.
- To make the transcript of whole legal proceedings by adding names, official or legal terms etc.
- Editing spelling mistakes and ensuring the use of correct terminology and correcting inaccuracies.
- Filling electronic or paper copies of the transcript and providing access to qualified parties.
Individuals belonging to this profession get various opportunities in the public sector. Jobs falls under the broader career category are like Print Shop/ Technical/ Court Reporters. Many government organizations like the High Court of Punjab & Haryana, Ministry of Defence, KPSC, NIA, District Court Raipur, etc offer a plethora of job opportunities to the Stenographers.
Why Daily Naukri for Sarkari Naukri for Stenographer Updates?
We keep our eyes on any new job opening and notify our users about Upcoming Jobs related to this field. Bookmark this page for all the Sarkari Naukri for Stenographer Updates. Stay tuned with Daily Naukri for the online application forms. Apart from it, check Constable, Driver, Assistant Govt Job Notifications.