- Meghalaya PSC Recruitment 2019 – 78 Lecturer and Other Vacancies
- CBSE Recruitment 2019 – 357 Junior Assistant and Other Vacancies
- PSPCL Recruitment 2020 – 1134 Steno-Typist and Other Posts
- NPCIL Recruitment 2020 – 107 Assistant and Other Posts
- UPPCL Recruitment 2020 – 33 Personnel Officer, Office Assistant and Stenographer Posts
- Chandigarh Administration Recruitment 2020 – 404 Clerk & Steno-Typist Posts
- HSSC Recruitment 2020 – 2978 Junior System Engineer and Other Vacancies
- SSC Stenographer Grade C and D Examination 2019
- RajCRB Recruitment 2020 – 715 Manager and Other Posts
- UKSSSC Recruitment 2020 – 329 Junior Assistant and Stenographer Vacancies
- BRO Recruitment 2020 – 118 LDC, UDC and Other Posts against DD Quota
- CLM Goa Recruitment 2020 – 14 Jr. Stenographer and Other Vacancies
- NFL Recruitment 2019 – 145 Apprentice Posts
- MNNIT Recruitment 2019 – 106 Non-Teaching Posts
- MECL Recruitment 2019 – 168 Non-Executive Posts
- NIT Jalandhar Recruitment 2020 – 93 Non-Faculty Posts
- Nagaland University Recruitment 2020 – 15 Non-Teaching Posts
- ICMR-NIN Recruitment 2020 – 20 Personal Assistant and other Posts
- HCL Recruitment 2019 – 129 Trade Apprentice Posts
- ALIMCO Recruitment 2020 – 11 Deputy General Manager and Other Vacancies
- TS High Court Recruitment 2020 – 1539 Typist and Other Posts
- NLC Recruitment 2020 – 875 Trade Apprentice Trainee Posts
- MANUU Recruitment 2020 – 10 Assistant and Other Posts
- SECR Recruitment 2019 – 313 Apprentice Posts
- Meghalaya PSC Recruitment 2020 – 302 Stenographer and Other Posts
- Gujarat PSC Recruitment 2020 – 20 Private Secretary (English) Stenographer Posts
- Gujarat PSC Recruitment 2020 – 23 Private Secretary Vacancies
- NIT Raipur Recruitment 2020 – 77 Non- Faculty Posts
- DME Assam Recruitment 2020 – 296 Grade-III (Non-Technical) posts
- AIIMS Patna Recruitment 2020 – 23 Stenographer Vacancies
- SECR Recruitment 2020 – 432 COPA, Fitter and Other Posts
- SLPRB Assam Recruitment 2020 – 2000 Stenographer and Other Posts
- NYKS Recruitment 2020 – 337 Assistant and Other Posts
- SECL Recruitment 2020 – 5500 Trade Apprentices Trainee Vacancies
- AIIMS Jodhpur Recruitment 2020 – 110 Yoga Instructor, Assistant Engineer and Other Posts
General Overview of Stenographer Govt Jobs – Latest Updates
Also known as Court Reporters, Stenographer licensed and certified professionals record proceedings and events. One must know what is the meaning of Stenography and what is its scope. Stenography allows the court reporters to record proceedings and events much quicker than they would be able to do using a standard keyboard. Their main responsibility is to provide a verbatim (written transcripts) of spoken testimony given during legal proceedings such as hearings, depositions and trials. If we talk about its scope, then Stenographer jobs are highly skilled positions that require extensive training in shorthand, as well as the use of the stenotype machine and related technology.
Stenography means art or any method of writing very quickly. It is the most identifiable methods of recording the spoken using a stenotype machine. Fast and accurate typing skills are vital for this job. They use shorthand and a steno machine to transcribe information. A shorthand system may rely on symbols or it may rely on letters that have specific meanings. We create this page to provide information to our users about the latest updates of Stenographer Govt Jobs. To get recent notifications of job openings in this field, keep checking this page on a daily basis.
Eligibility Criteria for Stenographer Government Jobs – Responsibilities & Skills required for Steno Govt Jobs
Individuals who want to make the career in this field should have completed 10+2, Certificate or Associate’s Degree in court reporting and should have Diploma/ Certificate in the Stenography. There are other certifications like Registered Professional Reporters (RPR) and Certified Court Reporter (CCR) which can also be done to increase the level of job opportunities. Please note, they must learn a type of shorthand, an abbreviated language form that is designed for rapid transcription, to take notes on a steno machine in order to catch each spoken word.
The key skills that are required for this job profile are proficiency in the English language, fast and accurate typing skills, detail-oriented and highly organized, patience of sitting, listening and concentrating, familiarity with courtroom procedure and legal terminologies, good legal and up to date knowledge.
The responsibilities of Stenographer include:-
- To record the words, actions and gestures of court proceedings.
- Converts the stenotype keystrokes into full words on the transcript.
- To make the transcript of whole legal proceedings by adding names, official or legal terms etc.
- Editing spelling mistakes and ensuring the use of correct terminology and correcting inaccuracies.
- Filling electronic or paper copies of the transcript and providing access to qualified parties.
Individuals belonging to this profession get various opportunities in the public sector. Jobs falls under the broader career category are like Print Shop/ Technical/ Court Reporters. Many government organizations like the High Court of Punjab & Haryana, Ministry of Defence, KPSC, NIA, District Court Raipur, etc offer a plethora of job opportunities to the Stenographers.
Why Daily Naukri for Sarkari Naukri for Stenographer Updates?
We keep our eyes on any new job opening and notify our users about Upcoming Jobs related to this field. Bookmark this page for all the Sarkari Naukri for Stenographer Updates. Stay tuned with Daily Naukri for the online application forms. Apart from it, check Constable, Driver, Assistant Govt Job Notifications.