- NIT Rourkela Recruitment 2020 – 58 Non-Teaching Vacancies
- AIIMS Bhopal Recruitment 2020 – 50 Group A Vacancies
- CUH Recruitment 2019 – 55 Group A, B and C Vacancies
- RSSB recruitment 2020 – 700 Librarian Grade-III Vacancies
- TNNLU Recruitment 2020 – 22 Professor and Other Posts
- PBWAKF Recruitment 2020 – 96 Teaching and Non-Teaching Posts
- NIT Jamshedpur Recruitment 2020 – 73 Non-Teaching Posts
- ICT Mumbai Recruitment 2019 – 40 Faculty Posts
- NYKS Recruitment 2020 – 337 Assistant and Other Posts
- CIPET Recruitment 2020 – 159 Technical & Non-Technical Posts
- CURAJ Recruitment 2019 – 12 Non Teaching Posts
Government Jobs For Librarian – Librarian Recruitment – Latest Updates
Searching for Govt Librarian Jobs? Check out the Latest Government Jobs for Librarian – Quick Job Notifications on all Latest and Upcoming Job Openings. Get the important official updates and news on Librarian Recruitment. Bookmark this page and get daily alerts for a job opening and other important updates. Apply online Librarian Vacancy for Freshers and Experienced across India. Check Government Job Openings and Sarkari Naukri for Librarian freshers and experience.
The duties of librarians are based on the type of library they work in, such as school, public and medical libraries. Their main job role is to assist people in gathering information and conducting research for personal and professional use. In large libraries, librarians are responsible for a single aspect of library task, including administrative services, user services or technical services. In smaller libraries, librarians are responsible for all aspects of library operations like managing a staff of library assistants and technicians. So one who is having relevant skills can choose this profession. We create this page to ensure users about the latest vacancies, for this profession in the govt sector. To get new notifications of job openings in this field, keep checking this page on a daily basis.
Duties of Librarian
They work in a variety of settings including colleges, museums, hospitals, businesses, universities, public libraries and schools. Librarians do research, instruct and connect people with technology. Varies according to the type, size and location of the library the major duties performed by the librarians are:
- Assist library patrons to conduct research and gather the information they need.
- Develop and use databases of library materials.
- Prepare library budgets.
- Place books and library materials in a way so they are easy to find.
- Select reading material, videos, audiobooks and other materials for the library by reading book reviews, publishers announcements and catalogs.
- Take lectures about information resources.
- Lead and direct assistants, library technicians, volunteers and other support staff.
- Evaluate and purchase new computers and other equipment as needed for the library.
- Make category wise programs for audiences, such as storytelling for kids.
How to Become a Librarian?
In most public, academic and special libraries, Librarians typically need a Master’s Degree in Library Science (MLS). To enter MLS programs one must need a bachelor’s degree in any stream. Please note, to work in school libraries one may not need an MLS but must meet state teaching requirements or must possess a teaching certificate or a degree in another field. In some institutes, colleges and university library science programs are popularly known as Master of Library and Information Studies or Master of Information Studies. This 1 to 2 years MLS programs typically cover coursework like gathering library materials, organizing information and putting different research techniques and strategies, online reference systems and online search methods. The important qualities of Librarians are:
Sound Communication skills: They need to explain ideas and information in the simplest way so that patrons can understand them easily.
Good Interpersonal skills: They must be able to work both as a member of a team and with the public or with researchers.
Inculcate the habit of reading: In special libraries, they are expected to continually read the latest literature in their field of specialization.
IT skills: Librarians use computers to classify resources, create databases and perform administrative duties so they must be techno-savvy.
Problem-solving skills: They must be able to detect a problem, find information and make conclusions based on the information found.
Ability to take initiative: They must be able and willing to continually update their knowledge.
Why Daily Naukri for Librarian Job Updates?
A number of government organizations release notifications to hire eligible people on this profile. Daily Naukri is a one-stop destination that provides its users with all the government job updates as soon as they are released. We keep our eyes on any new job opening and notify our users about Upcoming Librarian Job Updates.