- TN TRB Recruitment 2020 – 1060 Lecturer Vacancies
- RPSC Recruitment 2020 – 269 Assistant Professor and Senior Demonstrator Vacancies
- DSSSB Recruitment 2020 – 3358 Teacher Vacancies
- DSSSB Recruitment 2020 – 710 PGT and EVGC Vacancies
- Anna University Recruitment 2020 – 133 Teaching Fellow Vacancies
- PGIMER Recruitment 2020 – 77 Assistant Professor Vacancies
- Himachal Pradesh State Eligibility Test 2019
- HPPSC Recruitment 2019 – 396 Lecturer Vacancies
- CUHP Recruitment 2019 – 57 Teaching Vacancies
- WBPSC Recruitment 2019 – 171 Assistant Professor Vacancies
- Meghalaya PSC Recruitment 2019 – 78 Lecturer and Other Vacancies
- Ramjas College Delhi Recruitment 2019 – 134 Assistant Professor Vacancies
- Gujarat PSC Recruitment 2019 – 524 Professor & Other Vacancies
- NPSC Recruitment 2020 – 90 Assistant Professor and Other Vacancies
- Andaman & Nicobar Administration Recruitment 2020 – 138 Resource Person and Other Posts
- AIIMS Bhopal Recruitment 2020 – 119 Faculty Vacancies
- DSRVS Recruitment 2019 – Teaching & Non-Teaching Posts
- TN TRB Recruitment 2020 – 2331 Assistant Professor Posts
- Indian Army Recruitment 2019 – 152 JCO Posts
- HSSC Recruitment 2019 – 3864 PGT Posts
- HSSC Recruitment 2020 – 3206 Fitter Instructor and Other Vacancies
- Maitreyi College Recruitment 2020 – 71 Assistant Professor Posts
- SSPHPGTI Recruitment 2019 – 23 Faculty Posts
- PGIMER Recruitment 2020 – 65 Principal and Other Posts
- TNNLU Recruitment 2020 – 22 Professor and Other Posts
- PBWAKF Recruitment 2020 – 96 Teaching and Non-Teaching Posts
- ICT Mumbai Recruitment 2019 – 40 Faculty Posts
- DU Recruitment 2019 – 27 Guest Faculty Posts
- OPSC Recruitment 2019 – 128 PGT Posts
- SAIL Recruitment 2020 – 26 Professor and Other Vacancies
Teaching is one of the respected professions in the world as teachers play a vital role in a student’s life. Teachers are in demand in government sectors. If you have completed a B.Ed degree, then you will be eligible to get a job in secondary and higher secondary schools for Teaching/Faculty. On the other side, for faculty positions, one must be postgraduate in the requisite field.
To become a teacher or lecturer, you require a passion for exchanging ideas, whether it is teaching at a school or in a college. As a profession, it is divided into many specializations and each required a different skill set.
Teaching and Faculty Jobs in India
Teachers have always played a vital role in social changes in our society. They are regarded as a boon to the society because it’s only a teacher who polishes the learner’s intellect and aptitude through his/ her patience, intelligence, and wisdom attempts.
In India, the opportunities available for teachers are in a variety of subjects such as English, Mathematics, Science, etc. The demand for good teachers is definitely high considering that today’s children are exposed to the internet and the information overflows. The overall opportunities for teachers are increased by the introduction of virtual classroom teaching by some schools.
Job prospects in teaching and faculty sector
There are a number of openings every year to get enroll teachers and faculty in different institutions. The sector not only enrolled teachers but also there are more profiles for the educators. Here are some profiles in the teaching and faculty sectors.
Every year ample job opportunities are released by the different government organizations, schools/ colleges, and institutes for those who have a keen desire to do a teaching job. Many government schools, universities and boards like Sainik Schools, Army Public Schools, GNDU, DSSSB, etc. hire eligible persons.
Teaching Recruitment – Teacher Eligibility Exams – Other Competitive Exams
Teacher Eligibility Tests are the first step to get a job in government schools. Every state conducts TET to recruit government teachers. On the other hand, NET/ SLET/ CLET are conducted to recruit lecturers and professors.
The State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) is conducted in almost all states in India to check the eligibility of the candidates for the post of Assistant Professor. Candidates who qualify the SLET are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor within the jurisdiction of that particular state.
Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), New Delhi conducts the eligibility test for lectureship in the Science subjects.
Apart from this, the Secondary Education Service Selection Board conducts TGT/ PGT Recruitment Examination to fill positions like PRT, TGT, PGT and various others.
Eligibility Criteria – Educational Qualification for Teaching and Faculty Jobs
If you are looking towards to make your career as a teacher then the B.Ed course is the perfect course which you can opt for. Masters in Education (M.Ed) will be can be pursued later to add to qualifications. Apart from the degree, it is also important to have the necessary in-depth knowledge of the subject you want to teach and are going to specialize in. On the other hand, for faculty jobs in colleges and universities, one must opt postgraduate degree in the specific field. As per the UGC norms, after Master’s degree candidates need to clear the NET/ SLET exam or Ph.D. in particular subjects.
The minimum salary of a school teacher in India is around Rs. 3 lacs per annum. Salaries will be increased with good experience and a degree in the education field. In government schools, a TGT can earn a salary of more than Rs.3 lacs per year and a PGT can get a salary of Rs.4.5 lacs per year.
Why Daily Naukri for Teaching and Faculty Job Updates?
Our team of experts understands the requisites of the job in this sector. We keep our eyes on any new job opening in Teaching Sector and notify our users with Upcoming Faculty Jobs in India – Latest Teaching Recruitment. We keep our portal updated and provide you complete information for a promising teaching career.